Updated: Mar 02 20
Created: Sep 29 16
Do you enjoy making a difference in your community? The BLR Recreation Committee is currently seeking volunteers to either become a member of the recreation committee or to help with various event. such as the Winter Carnival, Hunters' Supper Halloween Party, Christmas Craft and Bake Sale. It's a great opportunity to meet new people while contributing to make a difference.
The mission of the BLR Recreation Committee is to ensure that the Community Recreation Programs meet the ongoing needs of our community.
If you are interested in providing your service for these community events, please complete the attached APPLICATION FORM and submit it to the Township Office.
For more information, you may view By-law No. 2016.07.
BLR Recreation Centre and Arena Pricing
Updated: Jan 24 20
Created: Apr 06 18
The Community Centre is available to rent year-round for such functions as wedding receptions, stag and does, anniversary, birthday or Christmas parties or craft and bake sales, theatre events, bingo, dinners, exercise classes, yoga, etc.
Community Centre Pricing:
Monday-Thursday $25.00 per hour + HST ($100 minimum)
Friday-Sunday $30.00 per hour + HST ($100 minimum)
Kitchen and Bar Pricing are Extra
Kitchen $75.00 + HST
Bar $25.00 + HST
Stag and Doe/Wedding Package $400.00 + HST Maximum Capacity: 197 People
Stag and Doe/Wedding Package includes Kitchen and Bar and associated equipment (ex. plates, cutlery, glasses, chafing dishes), tables and chairs and access to the building from Friday noon until Sunday noon.
The Arena is available to rent for larger functions between May and October as well as various sports activities such as volleyball, basketball, floor hockey, ice hockey, broomball, badminton, pickleball, rollerblading, etc.
Broomball / Summer Sport Court $40.00 per hour (HST included)
Kids Hockey / Skating $50.00 per hour (HST included)
Adult Hockey / Skating $75.00 per hour (HST included)
Public Skating Sponsorship $150.00 (HST included)
Stag and Doe/Wedding Package $800.00 + HST Maximum Capacity: 800 People
Stag and Doe/Wedding Package includes Kitchen and Canteen Bar and associated equipment (ex. plates, cutlery, glasses, chafing dishes), tables and chairs, dance floor and access to the building from Friday noon until Sunday noon. Renter must assist Facility Manager with dance floor installation.
For Rental Inquiries Call the Facilities Manager, Jordan Genrick, at 613-758-2061
$5.00 per pair
MINI GYM - Closed Until Further Notice
Updated: May 07 20
Created: Dec 06 19
AS PER THE STATE OF EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT, THE MINI GYM HAS BEEN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The Mini Gym is now open for both residents and non-residents. Memberships must be obtained at the Municipal Office prior to visiting the gym.
The gym consists of cardio equipment and strength training equipment. The cardio equipment includes a rowing machine, elliptical and two treadmills. Strength training equipment includes a punching bag, free weights, weight bench and medicine balls.
In order for all participants to feel comfortable and safe within the Mini Gym RULES AND GUIDELINES must be followed.
DAYTIME HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
EVENING/WEEKEND HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Thursday: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Hours are subject to change.
During regular business hours members must check-in at the Municipal Office by presenting their Membership Card prior to visiting the gym.
During evening and weekend hours members must check-in with the after-hours volunteer at the Community Centre by presenting their Membership Card prior to using the gym. Membership cannot be obtained at the arena.
One year Membership: $40.00 per person
Replacement Membership Card: $5.00
Non-Returned / Lost Key Charge: $10.00
Updated: Mar 18 20
Created: Jan 08 20
GRAB YOUR SKATES AND A FRIEND AND COME OUT FOR A FUN NIGHT!
Local businesses invite everyone out to FREE Public Skating every Friday evening from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. and every Sunday afternoon from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. at the Brudenell, Lyndoch and Raglan Community Centre.
A special thank you to the local business who are graciously sponsoring the public skating.
December 31, 2019 - Palmer Rapids and Area Lions Club
Thursday, January 2, 2020 - Gulick Forest Products
Friday, January 10, 2020 - Foundation Stone Medicine
Friday, January 17, 2020 - Edwin Pilgrim & Sons Excavating
Sunday, January 19, 2020 - Thomas J. Neuman Limited
Friday, January 24, 2020 - Kauffeldt Grocery
Sunday, January 26, 2020 - Tim Hortons - Barry's Bay
Friday, January 31, 2020 - Brad Marquardt and Son
Sunday, February 2, 2020 - Hannah's Foodmart
Friday, February 7, 2020 - Musclow Farms
Sunday, February 9, 2020 - Camp Walden
Friday, February 14, 2020 - Wesleyan Church
Sunday, February 16, 2020 - RAP Auto
Friday, February 21, 2020 - Country Fried Chip Wagon
Sunday, February 23, 2020 - Palmer Rapids and Area Lions Club
Friday, February 28, 2020 - JAG Building Group
Sunday, March 1, 2020 - Jesse Snider Trucking
Effective March 3, 2020 - THERE WILL NO LONGER BE PUBLIC SKATING ON SUNDAYS.
Friday, March 6, 2020 - Brudenell, Lyndoch and Raglan Fire Department
Friday, March 13, 2020 - No Public Skating
Effective March 18, 2020 - PUBLIC SKATING ENDS FOR THE SESSION
The Canteen will be open for treats and refreshments!
SKATE SHARPENING: $5.00 per pair
Updated: May 15 20
Created: Apr 30 18
The Brudenell, Lyndoch and Raglan Volunteer Recreation Committee organize a number of events throughout the year for everyone to attend and enjoy.
- Seniors Lunch - January 28 - BLR Community Centre
- Winter Carnival - January 29 to February 2 - BLR Community Centre
- Winter Carnival Trivia Night - January 31 - BLR Community Centre
- Winter Carnival Roast Beef Dinner - February 1 - BLR Community Centre
- Winter Carnival Dance - February 1 - BLR Community Centre
- Winter Carnival Buffet Breakfast - February 2 - BLR Community Centre
- BLR Recreation Committee Poker Run - February 8 - Raglan White Lake Beach
- Raglan Four Seasons Park Poker Run - February 15 - Raglan Four Seasons Park
- Trivia Night - March 27 - BLR Community Centre - CANCELLED
- Easter Breakfast & Kids Egg Hunt - April 11 - BLR Community Centre - CANCELLED
- Kids 3-Pitch League - TBA - Various Ball Diamonds Across the Municipality
- Teen 3-Pitch League - TBA - Various Ball Diamonds Across the Municipality
- Raglan Four Seasons Park Mud Run - TBA - Trout Lake - CANCELLED
- Trivia Night - May 22 - BLR Community Centre - CANCELLED
- Canada Day Breakfast - June 27 - BLR Community Centre - CANCELLED
- Canada Day Celebration - June 28 - BLR Community Centre - CANCELLED
- Swimming Lessons - July 6 - August 14 (tentative) - The Four Municipal Beaches
- Raglan Four Seasons Park Anniversary - TBA - Raglan Four Seasons Park
- Adult Baseball Tournament - September 5 - BLR Community Centre
- Baseball Tournament Dance - September 5 - BLR Community Centre
- Trivia Night - September 25 - BLR Community Centre
- Halloween Activities - October 24 - BLR Community Centre
- Christmas Craft & Bake Sale - November 7 - BLR Community Centre
- Hunters Supper - November 13 - BLR Community Centre
- Trivia Night - November 27 - BLR Community Centre
- Santa Claus Parade - December 12 - Palmer Rapids
Updated: Mar 16 20
Created: Feb 12 20
BLR Fire Dept Poker Run & FIshing Derby - January 30 - Raglan White Lake Beach
BLR Winter Carnival - February 3 - February 7 - BLR Community Centre
BLR Easter Activities - April 3 - BLR Community Centre
Kids 3-Pitch League - TBA - Various Ball Diamonds Across Municipality
Teen 3-Pitch League - TBA - Various Ball Diamonds Across Municipality
BLR Canada Day Breakfast & Celebration - July 3 - BLR Community Centre
Swimming Lessons - TBA - The Four Municipal Beaches
Adult Baseball Tournament - September 4 - BLR Community Centre Baseball Diamond
Baseball Tournament Dance - September 4 - BLR Community Centre
Halloween Activities - October 30 - BLR Community Centre
BLR Christmas Craft Sale - November 6 - BLR Community Centre
Hunters Supper - November 12 - BLR Community Centre
Santa Claus Parade - December 12 - Palmer Rapids